RETURNS & COMPLAINTS
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE AGREEMENT BY THE CONSUMER AND RULES ON THE SELLER’S LIABILITY
1. Pursuant to Article 27 of the Consumer Rights Act of 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827), the Consumer has the right to withdraw from the Agreement without giving any reason within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Goods. The Seller may, in the period of their choice, specify a longer period for the Customer to withdraw from the Agreement in the Sale regulations.
2. In accordance with Article 38 of the Act of 30 April 2014 on Consumer Rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827), the right of withdrawal from an Agreement concluded remotely does not apply to the Consumer in relation to, inter alia, Agreements:
a) for the provision of services where the Entrepreneur has performed the Service in full with the express consent of the Consumer who has been informed before the execution began that after the Entrepreneur has performed the Service, the Consumer will lose their right of withdrawal;
b) where the object of the Service is a non-prefabricated item produced according to the Consumer’s specifications or serving to satisfy their individual needs;
c) where the object of the Service is a perishable item or an item with a short shelf life;
d) in which the object of the Service is an item delivered in a sealed package which cannot be returned after opening the package for health or hygiene reasons, if the package has been opened after delivery;
e) in which the object of the Service consists of items which, after delivery, due to their nature, are inseparably connected to other items;
f) in which the price or remuneration is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which are not controlled by the entrepreneur and which might occur before the end of the withdrawal period;
g) where the object of the Service is a sound or visual recording or computer software supplied in sealed packaging and if the packaging was opened after delivery;
h) in which the Consumer has specifically requested the Entrepreneur to come to them for the purpose of carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance; if the Entrepreneur provides additional services other than those requested by the Consumer, or provides items other than spare parts necessary for repair or maintenance, the Consumer has the right to withdraw from the Agreement with regard to additional services or items;
i) for the delivery of digital content that is not recorded on a tangible medium, if the execution began with the Consumer’s express consent before the deadline to withdraw from the Agreement and after the Entrepreneur has informed the Consumer about the loss of the right to withdraw from the Agreement.
3. In order to withdraw from the Agreement, the Consumer may:
a) send order to the Seller’s address as indicated in §1 of the Terms & Conditions
b) inform the Seller about the will to withdraw via BOK;
c) use the withdrawal form available on the website of the Online Store (link).
4. The period for withdrawal shall begin from the day on which the Consumer takes possession of the Goods or on which a third party other than the courier designated by the Consumer takes possession of the goods. In the case of an Agreement which covers multiple items to be delivered separately, in batches or in parts, the period for withdrawal shall begin from the day on which the Consumer takes possession of the last item, batch or part or on which a third party other than the courier and indicated by the Consumer acquires possession of the last item, batch or part.
5. To meet the deadline to withdraw from the Agreement, it is enough to send information regarding the exercise of the right to withdraw from the Agreement before the deadline to withdraw from the Agreement.
6. The Seller shall refund the payment using the same means of payment used by the Consumer, unless the Consumer has expressly agreed to another way of refunding the payment – in any case, the Consumer shall not incur any fees in connection with this refund.
7. In the case of withdrawal from the Agreement by the Consumer or the occurrence of other circumstances justifying the return of funds for the transaction made by the Consumer’s payment card, the Seller will make a refund to the bank account assigned to the payment card used for the transaction.
8. The Seller may withhold the reimbursement of payments received from the Consumer until he has received the Goods back or the Consumer has supplied evidence of having sent back the Goods, whichever event occurs first.
9. The Customer shall send back the Goods to the Seller without delay, no later than within 14 days from notification of withdrawal from the Agreement, in an unchanged condition, unless the change was necessary within the limits of ordinary management. If there has been a change in the condition of the Goods exceeding the scope of ordinary management, the Seller may pursue compensation within the limits provided for by law.
10. The Customer shall bear the cost of sending the Goods back to the Seller.
11. The Seller shall return to the Consumer the cost of the entire amount paid by them (Price of the Goods and the cost of shipping to the Consumer if the Consumer paid for it), no later than within 14 days from the date of receipt from the Consumer of a statement of withdrawal from the relevant Agreement.